Big Hill Primary School is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all children and young people.
We support and respect all children as well as our staff and volunteers.
BHPS is committed to providing a child safe environment where children and young people feel safe, and their voices are heard when decisions are made that affect their lives.
We are committed to the cultural safety of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, the cultural safety of children from culturally and/or linguistically diverse backgrounds, and to providing a safe environment for children with a disability. We want all children at this school to be safe, happy and empowered.
Every person involved in BHPS has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role he/she plays individually and collectively to ensure that the wellbeing and safety of all children and young people is at the forefront of all they do and every decision they make.
We have legal and moral obligations, which we follow rigorously, to contact authorities when we are worried about a child’s safety.
- To ensure all children feel safe and supported at school.
- To prevent child abuse by identifying risks early, and removing and reducing these risks.
- To ensure that processes and procedures are in place to protect children from child abuse.
- To value and empower children in decision-making processes.
- To ensure that all staff (including contractors), volunteers, visitors to the school and parents/carers, understand the school’s child safety guidelines and how to behave appropriately with and towards children.
- To comply with Ministerial Order No. 870 and the Child Safety Standards.
- To comply with the Working with Children Amendment Act 2016 (Vic).
- To comply with the Wrongs Amendment (Organisational Child Abuse) Act 2017.
- To comply with the requirements of The Reportable Conduct Scheme.
- To comply with reporting obligations under child protection law and criminal law.
Big Hill School will ensure that the children in its care are protected to the best of its ability and in line with their duty of care and the compulsory child safe standards.
Click on the links below to Expand
Child Safety Policy 2022
Child Safety Code Of Conduct 2022
Child Safety Induction Pack 2022
Child Safety Officer
Child Safe Standards Risk Register 2022
Child Safety Statement of Commitment
Child Safety Responding & Reporting Obligations Policy & Procedures 2022